Sunday, January 25, 2015

Seasons

I was flipping through my planner today and realized that I'm getting down to only having 3 months left of college. My 11 weeks of being the full-time teacher starts tomorrow. Half of me is so excited that what I've been waiting and working for has gotten here...and the other half of me feels so inadequate and uncertain. What can I hold on to that IS certain? You got it. My Savior. He's going to be there when I have a great lesson and the kiddos make progress, and He'll be there when my lesson completely tanks and I get 20 blank stares (gulp). No matter what, it'll be fine. I need to remember that I'm NOT a teacher yet, and this is what student teaching is for! I'm growing and changing. I'm starting to think like a teacher and understand how things really work. If you think of it, pray for me tomorrow! :)

On another note, I had a GREAT weekend. A couple weeks ago, Mrs. Meriweather said to me, "I have something for you to do in a couple weekends. We're having an all women's PJ party at church, and Mrs. Carter and I want you to come with us!" So that's what I did! I hung out with my teachers on Friday night, and Hannah came with me! I cannot believe how much fun it was. We played games in which I witnessed Mrs. Carter and Mrs. Meriweather dancing like nobody's business (Oh, Han and I did, too!). I got to see my supervisor, who watches me teach, up on stage playing charades. Mrs. Meriweather even started a marshmallow throwing war that lasted a good 10 minutes. The women from their church were so welcoming to Hannah and I. Seeing some of the women in my life in a completely different context was so fun. Teachers are real people too, ya know?

Then last night some of my friends and I got together to celebrate Ryan and Maddie Ledbetter, who are done with Cedarville and will be leaving for Arizona next week as Ryan starts his spring training for baseball. We ate lots of food and played hilarious games. I haven't laughed so hard in a while! I have been very blessed with great friends during college. It's weird to think that within the next 6 months, I'll potentially be moving somewhere, trying to settle down, and meeting new friends. A new season will begin.

Being a senior is such an adventure! It's exciting and horrifying all at the same time. How can one girl handle so much change at once?! I know. With a God who goes before her and has everything in His hands. Today, I am thankful for the consistency of my Savior. I am thankful that He is always the same, no matter what life looks like, where I am, how I change, or what season I'm in. His character is perfect, His word is true, and His love is persistent. James 1:17 says, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is not variation or shadow due to change." What a lovely reminder. EVERYTHING good is from Him. Not from myself, not from anyone or anything else. Just Him. Even though I so easily forget things like this, He is patient with this finite girl. Just like Psalm 103: 14 says, "He remembers our frame; he remembers that we are dust."

How great is our God?



No comments:

Post a Comment