Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Deeper Love

Well, this week seemed pretty much like a whirlwind. It started off with a two-hour delay, and ended with another one on Friday, which I didn't hate! Like I mentioned last time, I full-time taught this week. I picked up math and all the other little things. It's interesting how things go from day-to-day. Monday I came home from school on cloud nine because it was such a good day. My kiddos were pretty well-behaved and the lessons went great. Tuesday came around, however, and I realized that they were not where I thought they were with math.  I had to completely toss out the lessons I had written and come up with Plan B. That threw me! BUT, the Lord is good and gave me what I needed to redo and rethink things. Mrs. Meriweather really helped a lot as well. The next couple days after that we broke up into centers and the students who were struggling got extra help that was much needed!

These second graders have stolen my heart. Absolutely stolen it. My love and affection for them grow deeper every week. They are so cute and hilarious. The way children think it such a cool thing. They are such sweeties, even though sometimes I just get so frustrated I could bust.  I think that's a pretty common thing to feel when you're a teacher, though (phew!). I care so much about them-- how they perform in school,  how they treat each other, how they are treated at home, and how they are maturing. I'm so glad I still have three months with them...but saying goodbye is going to be such a sad thing. I just can't think about that now! I need to focus on this week and what's going to happen. Living in the now has been a struggle for me lately. I go back and forth with thinking about what's coming and what's happening now. I think that's pretty normal for where I'm at, too. On Friday, the kiddos were asking about how things work with Mrs. Meriweather and I working together. It was pretty funny. It's hard for them to understand that they have two teachers. I tried to explain it like I'm Mrs. Meriweather's sidekick, like Batman and Robin! They got a kick out of that one :) They ask the funniest and most awkward questions sometimes. One girl asked me why I wear a ring on my ring finger if I'm not married. Uhhh, how do you explain a purity ring to a second grader? I did my best :)

This year, I have been blown away by the grace of God in my life. It's so hard to explain. Growing up, I think I was always scared to take advantage of God's grace like I had seen  many people do, that I swung the other way. I got pretty caught up in MY actions--how I thought I could make others and the Lord approve of me and love me more. But...I can't make Him love me any more that He always has. I've always had His approval apart from anything I've done, am doing, or will do. His grace has shown up in many, many different ways. It's shown up in my relationships with my friends, in my student teaching, in my family, in my devotions, and how He is revealing Himself to me. He is just so cool. Even though sometimes I don't want to grow up, learning what He has been teaching me has been so sweet. I'm looking forward to learning even more! My love for Him grows deeper.


P.S. I know this is random, but I must include it. This past week, Millie Jane turned a year and half old. How is that possible?! Oh, how I miss that sweet baby girl!! I can't wait to see her and hold her again! Here are some pictures, because who doesn't love them? I sure do :)





No comments:

Post a Comment