Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Days Go By

Well, I suppose it's time for me to write another post! This past week and weekend were so busy, but in the best way possible! A lot happened at school from experiencing what my class is like when there's a sub, to dancing with them in our jammies and socks for their reward party. I had some discouraging days with the kiddos, and other days that I was so encouraged I could have cried. I've already seen improvement in some of my students, and I tell you what, there are few things that warm my heart than seeing a student make progress and see them happy about it. Yesterday, I had a little boy asking me to give him more double digit addition problems because he loved it. Just a couple weeks ago, though, he cried TWICE in one day because he was so frustrated with math. All I could do was hug him and praise him for not giving up! I was able to explain to him that while I was happy he was getting the right answers, I was even more proud of him for not giving up and working hard. What a sweet moment. I'll never forget it!

This weekend was also a grrrrrreeeeat one! Sarah and Lexi Weldy, two girls from my church in Elkhart, came and stood in as my little sisters for Lil Sibs weekend that Cedarville has every year. We got to have some good conversations, go to Bob Evans with Hannah, get a little shopping in, go to a CU basketball game, etc. I had a lot of fun with them. I'm encouraged by how they are maturing and growing in Christ! It was fun, too, hearing about people and things in Elkhart. I haven't been home in a while! The girlies went home on Sunday, and without going into too much detail, I spent the rest of my day in some pretty great company....and I'll leave it at that :D

On a different note, have you ever felt like you're the only one who feels a certain way or has certain convictions about things? I've been feeling like that a lot this year. I know that there are a lot of gray areas, and things that Scripture doesn't explicitly address, but sometimes my heart gets so discouraged with things like that. I'm happy the Lord has laid a few issues so heavily on my heart that I'm unwavering in, but it can be a lonely place to be sometimes. I'm so glad I have my gracious Savior who is with me in all things, even when I'm standing alone.


Also...if you think of it, pray for my health! There have been many students out sick, the other two Cedarville people that I ride with have already gotten sick, and yesterday I started feeling bad, and unfortunately today is worse. I'll be fine, but I would rather stay healthy ;)

Well, I think that's all I have! I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors in the post that I may have made...this is a mobile post and it's easier to miss things. That may not be important to any of you, but it is to me! ;)


Stand firm and take heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment