Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day to the best dad I could ever have asked for. So blessed by this godly man! 








My dad has played so many different roles in my life:

1. Teacher: how to ride a bike, swing a golf club, throw a baseball, play ping pong, check the air pressure in my tires, handle situations properly, be efficient with my time, work hard, mow the lawn, handle money wisely...ETC.

2. Coach: in Upwards basketball in elementary school, and then my basketball coach from 8-12 grade. In all those things, he not only LOVED to win and taught me to be competitive, but also the concept that how I played sports reflected how I lived my life. 

3. Advice giver: with friends, with sports, with school, with my walk with the Lord, and BOYS.

4. Supporter: he was at my Little League soccer games, T ball games, concerts in every grade of school, awards chapels, sports banquets, school and club volleyball games, graduation, to watch me sing in chapel at college, and to watch be cross the finish line at my half marathon. (My mom has also been at all of those events.)

5. Godly Example: he has shown me what a good husband should be, what an amazing father should do, to be a cheerful giver and not to be greedy, to love people and go out of the way to talk to them, to do the right thing even when it's uncomfortable, to take challenges head-on. He has encouraged me to spend good, quality time in the Word and to think truth. 

Jimbo has been my main man my whole life. I hope that when it's time for God to bring the right guy into my life and get married,  he's a lot like my dad. So happy that fathers have a day devoted to honor them. They deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment