Friday, June 14, 2013

Just a Quick Update

How is it June 14th already?! My summer is running away from me. I've been so busy between nannying for Easton and Lincoln, working on baby shower stuff with Mom, trying to find CHEAP items to furnish my units in Printy for next year, an online class, hanging out with friends, going to church, and spending time (MUCH NEEDED) in the Word. I say all of this like I don't like it...but I really do like being busy. 

First of all, nannying is going really well. Although the days get a little long and I feel like I'm running out of things to keep the boys occupied, I am so grateful for this job. God totally answered my prayer for a new job and dropped this in my lap. He's so good! Easton is 9 and Lincoln just turned 6 this past Monday. They are so well-behaved and easy to get along with. Easton is very easy-going and a kick-butt older brother. Linc is super outgoing and active, and fun to be around. They love playing outside--Easton on his Rip Stick and Linc on his roller blades or bike. East helps me bake (and is pretty good at it, too) and Linc sings ALLLLLL the time. I've been introduced to Man V. Wild and The Electric Company, both of which we watch......every single day....


This is them, with Lincoln's bunny, Pepsi. 



AHHHH! Amelia's due date is only 38 days away! Oh, how I cannot wait to hold my sweet niece in my arms. Brinnie is doing pretty well still, but her back has really been hurting her these past few weeks. She's so cute and big! 


I'm so excited to meet Millie and for Brett & Brinnie to be parents. They're going to be so great! I love watching Brett mature and become the head of their home. I'm very proud and blessed to call him my big brother.


This summer I have been constantly reminded of my need to spend time in the Word DAILY. I am just so inadequate of living this life apart from my Lord. How do I keep making excuses? WHY, is the better question. 


Thank you, Heavenly Father, for never giving up on me. I'm so full of pride and I'm self-reliant. You are so constant and patient. My mind cannot understand. I tire so easily of people that disappoint me or that I don't see with loving eyes. You see with the most loving eyes in the whole wide world. Please help me to rely on You with every single thing I face...not just the "big" stuff. Please help me and give me strength to be faithful in the little things. Help me to further Your Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment