Sunday, June 2, 2013

Accomplished.

I can finally say that after at least 15 weeks of planning and training, I completed my first half marathon yesterday! Phew! 13.1 miles under my belt, in 1:52:03.  I can't believe it's over. I mean, I can and I can't. The weeks grew long as yesterday came closer, and June 1st loomed over my head like a rain cloud. At the same time though, it seems like I blinked and all the hype and build-up is just...boop! Gone. I'm so happy, but so sad, too. It was a great experience, and yes, I'm planning on running another one at some point :) Hopefully next summer! Will I ever run a full marathon? Uhh...that's a great question...



This is Chelsey! She and I grew up together, and she's been like an older sister. Her parents, Tim and Janet have been friends with my mom and dad for a long time. Brett, Nick, Chelsey, her brother Chase, and I used to spend quite a bit of time together between golf, church and school. Chels ran with her husband Matt, Mr. Miller, and I think Chase. They ran the 10k...Oh, and she just recently had a baby. Isn't that great?! Congrats to them! 


The finish line was inside Notre Dame's football stadium, which was so cool! I've never seen downtown South Bend so lively and filled with people. It's fun to think about how an event can bring thousands of people together. Even the people who lived in the houses on our running route were sitting outside, drinking their coffee (and yes, I was jealous of them), and cheering on the runners. I loved it all!

Someday I hope to run in the Indy Mini with Brett and Nick. It's just kinda bad timing, with finals week and all. Hopefully it will fall on a different weekend next year! We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment