Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spark Unity. Foster Identity.

I hardly have any time to post tonight, so I'll make it quick. 

So stressed. So much to do! The good thing? Mom and Dad are getting here tomorrow at dinner time :) Can't wait!!

ALSO. If you're reading this, and you happen to be a student at Cedarville....




I don't mean to be annoying with campaign stuff...but I will say that I'm proudly a member of Dylan and Grace's campaign team, and I feel very strongly that they would do an amazing job! I've known Grace for a while because we're both in KZP (our org) together (she's the president, actually!). She's a wonderful, godly, loving, and organized girl! Dylan, however, I did not know until a few months ago. Before he approached me, all I knew about him were these things:

1. He danced in ELLIV last year.
2. He was friends with some of my friends.
3. He was that kid that wore bow ties.

After talking to Dylan, though, I saw past his bow ties. I saw his heart and passion for our student body and his clear vision for SGA. What stuck out to me? "I don't want people to think that SGA is just some elite group of students." Someone was actually addressing this problem? Finally! Dylan wants to reach all the demographics of campus. He wants the differences between our body to be celebrated and recognized! SGA isn't just a group that does events. They're not just a group of people that sit in an office that resembles a fish tank and look at computers. They care about us. Is SGA ever going to be perfect? Of course not. We're finite people who aren't perfect. But do I believe that Grace and Dylan want to lovingly serve Cedarville and improve SGA? Without a doubt!

Our slogan??

Spark Unity. 
Foster Identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment