Monday, February 25, 2013

A Lovely Weekend

I had such a great weekend at home! On Friday morning, my dad called me and told me a may not be able to, because the weather was going to be so icy, but thankfully it warmed up and it melted! So I left after chapel on Friday. By the way, congratulations to Dylan and Grace and TJ for winning! I'm excited to see the direction of our year next year! Anyways, the drive was good and seemed to go pretty quickly for a 4 and 1/2 hour trip. When I got home my mom had dinner started already and it was so nice to eat with Mom and Dad. Nick also got to come home this weekend! I love whenever I get to see my siblings. After dinner Preston came over and we all watched Duck Dynasty and played a game. After watching MORE Duck Dynasty (yep, that's my new show), Preston and I went to Steak n Shake for some milkshakes and then we just talked for a long time. It was... pretty great :)

Waking up in my own bed is one of my favorite things EVER. I got to sleep in a little bit, and then I actually did homework for a while...which never happens. I surprised myself! I helped my mom cut up vegetables and get ready for the family birthday party we had Saturday evening. Every couple months, the Bigler side gets together for all the birthdays in those months, so this one was for February and March, so this was my month! It was good to see family that I don't see often, even though we all live in Elkhart pretty much. My grandma and grandpa's health is declining pretty quickly, so that was kind of sad. I really need to be more intentional about spending time with them when I can. I regret not doing that before. So the party was full of eating, talking, cake and ice cream, opening gifts and cards, and watching the newest addition of our family, little Allie, play with all her new toys. I got The Hello, Goodbye Window, which is my favorite children's book (yes, I asked for a kid's book for my birthday...), the first season of Duck Dynasty, and a few other things, but those were my favorite.
After the party, Preston came over again, and we sat and talked to Mom and Dad for a while, then we went bowling with Preston's younger brother, Spenser. Those two are goofballs and so fun to be with! Two of my favorite brothers for sure.

Then Sunday was church and it was SO GOOD. First Baptist is going through a family series, and yesterday was about men loving their wives, and wives respecting their husbands. Oh, I wish you could have heard it. I absolutely can't wait to live all that out. Pastor Blodgett did a wonderful job presenting Scripture and speaking truth. I actually got teared up a few times! After I talked to lots and lots of people, my parents and I went to Mayberry Cafe for brunch. I had been craving a waffle for quite some time, so I got one...and it was so good.

Lexi got to come over after that! AHH it was so nice to see one of my best friends! One of my favorite places to be is in my room, sitting on my bed, talking to Emmy and Lex. Even though Em wasn't there, Lex and I spent some good time together and had a great conversation about life and what we're learning! Preston came over to say bye before he headed back to Hope, in Holland, MI. That was pretty sad, but it won't be too long before I see him again! :)

I did cry a tiny bit as I was driving out of Elkhart, but knowing that I'm going to FL on Friday and Mom and Dad definitely makes that better! Here are some pictures from the party












No comments:

Post a Comment