Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Power of His Truth

This is just going to be a quick one! As my Kindergarten Walk-In and school are coming ever so quickly, I have found how much time I need to spend at school...and then how PRECIOUS my down time is. I'm guessing this will become my new normal :)


This week I have been working on decorating my classroom and organizing things. At times, when my perspective is on point, I am excited about my classroom and meeting my kiddos. Other times, I feel so overwhelmed with information and completely inadequate. Yesterday was a day where I felt flooded with information and had so much to do I wanted to sit down and cry. Finally, after being at the school roughly 5 1/2 hours, I decided it was probably best for me to go home. One thing I love about where my school is located is the drive. It's about 20-25 minutes away. This is a perfect amount of time to do one of 4 things:

1. Listen to music and sing embarrassingly loud.
2. Simply listen to the music
3. Drive silently, meditating on my day and listening for His voice
4. Talk out loud to Jesus and pour out my heart

All of those are perfectly good options, depending on what day it is and what happened either at home or school. Yesterday I chose option #2. As my heart was pounding and my mind was racing with all the things I still have to do, I snapped out of my thoughts (selfish and anxious ones, I might add) and heard these words:

"I hear the Savior say, 'Thy strength indeed is small.'
Child of weakness, watch and pray.
Find in Me thine all in all."


"Uhhhh, YEAH. AMEN AND AMEN. God, this is totally me right now! You know where I'm at. You know I'm a hot mess...as usual!"



My heart melted. The Truth of those words washed over my soul. It eased my tense body. It took the heavy burden off my shoulders. I relaxed. In my head I picture a little girl crawling up into her big Father's lap and just collapsing. Imagery from Scripture of a Shepherd gathering up His lost and tired sheep in His arms pops into my head. The words from Psalm 23 talking about our Father making us lie down and leading us beside quiet waters came true in my life at that moment. Now, was I actually by still and quiet waters? No...I was driving, but He quieted my mind and heart. He regained my focus. The words of that hymn, and not even the most famous or loved ones, changed my perspective. For that, I'm thankful. It kind of changed the tone of the rest of my evening. I was able to unwind a little bit and gear up for today.

Today I get to meet with the other women on my kindergarten team! They are seriously the sweetest and loveliest people. The Lord has blessed me immensely with Abbie, Lynne and Laura. Lynne has been so kind and understanding with me! I've been asking her question upon question. You know what, though? I NEED to ask them! This is so brand new for me. TOMORROW I get to meet my kiddos! I CAN'T WAIT. Knowing that I get to see their sweet faces and meet their parents makes everything else not seem so bad.


I know that a lot of people who read this (haha okay, probably not that many people actually read it...but..) pray for me. I am so thankful! So if you are wanting to know how to pray, I'll help you out :D


1. That the Lord would help me balance and manage my time well.
2. That I wouldn't let stress and fear take control.
3. That the walk-in tomorrow would go smoothly, that I would have the answers to the parents' questions, and that I would make a good first impression.
4. That the Lord would give me wisdom and discernment as I get everything ready for the first day of school next week.

I could probably list off about 20 things, but for your sake, I won't ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment