Sunday, March 1, 2015

Overwhelmed

Over this past week, things have been all over the place. Like...seriously. Emotionally, mentally, you name it. I finally got to go back to school this week, but then we had ANOTHER delay on Tuesday. Then on Thursday and Friday we had some weird things thrown into our schedule. I thought to myself a few times, "Am I EVER going to get to teach these kids?!" Flexibility is one of the most important things I'm learning. I can't control the weather or the schedule, but I CAN control how I handle things in light of those things. I also experienced my first round of parent-teacher conferences on Thursday, as well. I was pretty nervous about them, but they all went really well. It's pretty fun to see and meet the parents of my kiddos. I learned a lot through all that! On TOP of that, I'm halfway through my full-time teaching, and I graduate in 2 MONTHS from this weekend. (insert happy dance here.)

Cedarville's spring break started on Friday, so all of my friends left. BUT, that made me feel better about going home! I got to come home and go to my cousin Tyler's engagement party. It was so nice to see family I don't get to see very often. Plus, Nick and Lauren came! I always love when I get to see them...especially Lauren. Or as Millie calls her, "Lo-Lo." I rode home with them from Michigan, and had some really good conversations with Nick. I have been blessed with two awesome older brothers that love me a LOT.

Aside from school and such, I have been absolutely overwhelmed this week by two things:

1. God's grace in my life (how could I go a day without being overwhelmed by it, though?!) and His counsel! Growing up is hard. But I'm sure most of you already know that. It's full of chaos, changes, and decisions! He is so constant, and loves to guide His children when they seek Him.

2. How thankful I am for the people that God has put in my life to LOVE ON and counsel me...especially my pastor and his wife from Elkhart. I cannot express how grateful I am for people's texts, hugs, prayers, advice, concern, encouragement, ETC. Praise God for the body of Christ and using others to show us His love!

God gives us so many things we are so undeserving of...especially me! Not only does He give me things, people, and grace, but He is gracious enough to use hard things in my life to bless and teach me. He DOESN'T HAVE TO. He CHOOSES to. My mind cannot even comprehend it! He still loves me on the days I fail Him. He loves me even when I don't like my own self. He loves me when I'm...well, unlovely, which occurs more often than I'd like to admit. He shapes and molds me through the tough days. That fact alone makes me thankful for the harder times. Becoming more like Him and less like me sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Romans 11:33-36 sums up what is in my heart right now:

 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord,

    or who has been his counselor?”

“Or who has given a gift to him

    that he might be repaid?”
 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment