Tuesday, March 12, 2013

T H E B I G 2 0

Today has been absolutely amazing. I feel incredibly loved by the people in my life and blessed to have been given so many years to live. I can't help but look back and remember how pitiful I was on my last birthday and how lonely I felt. If it weren't for the Browns (a family I grew up knowing in Elkhart who moved to Dayton a couple years ago; their son was my best guy friend like my whole life), I would have done nothing special. They had me over and Mrs. Brown made me dinner and let me take a nap on her couch. This year, though, is the exact opposite. Hannah is probably the sweetest and best roommate anyone could ever ask for! She, along with my RA, Alanna, decorated our rooms with streamers, got me a donut, and hit it home with a great card and gift. She got me Duck Dynasty t shirt! What a gem. Throughout the day, I got texts from friends and family back in Elkhart and got birthday wishes and hugs from Cedarville friends as well. I got cards from girls on my hall, and more donuts and a bag of BBQ chips from Mayra. I also got to Skype Preston today :), which is always so fun and great. Plus I got a package from him, too! What a guy! To top it all off, I just talked to Lexi on the phone for a long time about what's going on in our lives, and she also told me another package is coming soon. I love my best friend! All of this shouts God's faithfulness in my life, and He has certainly blessed me with great people surrounding me.

So tomorrow is my FIRST day of field experience at Horizon Elementary in downtown Dayton. I CANNOT WAIT, even though I have to wake up at 5:45. It will be worth it :) I have been itching to be in a classroom with kids...Those students are about to experience some good lovin' from this girl!


To Him be the glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment