Sunday, April 1, 2012

Faithful.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about God is faithful. It's overwhelming, isn't it? How many times do I make mistakes, fail, say stupid things to or about someone, do things I shouldn't do or don't do things I should do? Way too many to count. His grace just blows my mind.

I have experienced His faithfulness in new ways while I've been at Cedarville. Being all by myself for the first time, I have learned a lot of things the hard way...but He's been right there the whole entire time. How has He been so patient with me?! Again....mind blown. I guess that's just one of those things I'll never be able to comprehend! 

On a different note, Easter break is quickly approaching! I go home on Wednesday right after Education Profession and I cannot wait. It's going to be so nice to go home and see everyone and go to First Baptist again :) 

As much as I'm excited to go home, I have finally started really liking school and being at CU. This is just another evidence of God's faithfulness to me. After everything that's happened, it's nice to say that I honestly am happy and am enjoying my time here. He has seen me through and refined me probably more than I realize....and I'm sure I have a LOT more to have refined in me...in fact, I know I do! This hymn just popped into my head. One of my favorites!

  1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
    • Refrain:
      Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
      How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
      Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
  2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to trust His cleansing blood;
    And in simple faith to plunge me
    ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
  3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just from sin and self to cease;
    Just from Jesus simply taking
    Life and rest, and joy and peace.
  4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
    Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
    And I know that Thou art with me,
    Wilt be with me to the end.

Oh, for grace to trust Him more! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment